FAQS

Frequently Asked Questions

WHAT ARE YOUR PRICES?

While there are many factors that go into pricing a painting, my prices are generally based on medium and size. Acrylic or oil paintings are more expensive than watercolor because the materials are more costly and more time is involved. For a detailed guideline of prices go to the pricing tab at the top.

WHAT MEDIUMS DO YOU USE?

I am more traditional in the mediums I use. I use watercolor on acid free paper designed for watercolor, either cold or hot pressed, 140 pound or 300 pound. I also paint in acrylic on canvas, or oil on canvas. Sometimes I do charcoal drawings on acid free paper.

DO YOU DO FRAMING AND INSTALLATION?

Yes, I do quality basic framing. Though I may not offer an exhaustive selection of styles, rest assured the framing I do is quality handcrafted workmanship based on years of professional experience. For a broader selection of styles your local retail framer is a good option. Hanging and installation of my art comes free of charge. For all other hanging and installation I charge $15 per hour and 35 cents per mile.

DO YOU OFFER REPRODUCTIONS OF YOUR WORK?

Reproductions of my original paintings are available at Fine Art America. However, most of the ones you'll find there are of original paintings that have already sold.

WHERE IS YOUR GALLERY?

There is no gallery or brick and mortar store front of my own. I work out of my private residence and exhibit work in other local galleries and shops. One is Art Gypsy in Hodgenville, Kentucky. Another is The Gray Comb Elizabethtown, Kentucky.

DO YOU DO COMMISSIONED WORK?

Yes I do. After the initial consultation a non-refundable 30% deposit is required. Upon completion of the project the remaining 70% is due. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the results, everything within my power will be done to resolve or correct the issue. If you are still not satisfied, the 70% will be refunded to you.

 

270.505.9812

Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42701

  • Facebook

©2019 by Brad McLean Art. Proudly created with Wix.com